RICHMOND, Ky. – Korn Ferry Tour pros Kent Bulle, Chip McDaniel and Erik Barnes will tee off at 2:24 p.m. ET on Tuesday as the feature group of the Unbridled Tour presented by Republic Bank. The 54-hole, three-day tournament features 25 professional golfers and 14 amateurs competing at Boone’s Trace National Golf Club in the return of sports for Kentucky following the state’s shutdown due to COVID-19.
A $20,000 purse is at stake with a first-place prize of $10,000 for the champion. The feature group for Tuesday and Wednesday includes:
- Kent Bulle – the Glasgow, Ky., native who qualified for the 2017 British Open after winning the Argentina Open, and was in the top-four after the cut; Jordan Spieth ended up with the wire-to-wire victory in the major. Bulle, a 10-year pro who played at Middle Tennessee, is coming off shoulder surgery in 2019. He currently has status on the Korn Ferry Tour.
- Chip McDaniel – a three-time collegiate winner at the University of Kentucky, the Manchester native also won the 2013 and 2017 Kentucky State Amateur and the Junior PGA Championship in 2013. Along with teammate Cooper Musselman, who’s also in the field, the duo led the Wildcats to an NCAA regional title in 2018. McDaniel currently has status on the Korn Ferry Tour.
- Erik Barnes – a Michigan native, Barnes played collegiately at Austin Peay, where he was the league’s freshman of the year in 2007 and player of the year in 2009. The ninth-year pro has played in three of the six Korn Ferry Tour events this season and currently ranks 127th on the points list.
Other prominent players in the field include former UK standouts Cooper Musselman and Fred Allen Meyer, former Scott County and WKU star Billy Tom Sargent and current UK golfers Allen Hamilton and Zach Norris.
Boone’s Trace National Golf Club will manage the tournament in partnership with bdG Sports, the Lexington-based firm that annually manages the Korn Ferry Tour’s Great Exuma Classic and Great Abaco Classic events in the Bahamas.
The Unbridled Tour event will be hosted in compliance with all local and state public heath guidelines to include:
- Social distancing will be required by players and club/tournament staff
- Only one person will be permitted in a golf cart if utilized
- The course will not be open to fans
- Clubhouse access will be restricted
Full event information and daily scores can be found at www.UnbridledTour.com.
Round 1/Round 2 Tee Times (A=Amateur)
1:00 p.m. / 8:00 a.m. – Brandon Doyle, Glenn Garnett, Dustin Denzik
1:12 p.m. / 8:12 a.m. – Jacob Poore, Kevin Rhoderick, Matt McCurry
1:24 p.m. / 8:24 a.m. – Brad Golden, Fred Allen Meyer, Trey Cox
1:36 p.m. / 8:36 a.m. – Thaddeus Obecny II, Isaac Merry, Myles Creighton
1:48 p.m. / 8:48 a.m. – Antonio Farinella (A), Thomas Scott, Matt Harris
2:00 p.m. / 9:00 a.m. – Cooper Musselman, JB Williams, Trey Bowling (A)
2:12 p.m. / 9:12 a.m. – Evan Cox, Dylan Meyer, Florian Loutre
2:24 p.m. / 9:24 a.m. – Chip McDaniel, Kent Bulle, Erik Barnes
2:36 p.m. / 9:36 a.m. – Nathan Kerns, Vince India, Billy Tom Sargent
2:48 p.m. / 9:48 a.m. – Allen Hamilton (A), Clay Amlung (A), Blake Moody (A)
3:00 p.m. / 10:00 a.m. – Mason Lenhart (A), Andrew Flynn (A), Canon Claycomb (A)
3:12 p.m. / 10:12 a.m. – Zach Norris (A), Alex Easthom (A), Patrick Kennedy (A)
3:24 p.m. / 10:24 a.m. – Reid Bedell (A), Jacob Cook (A), Jansen Klondike (A)