LAS VEGAS – UNLV basketball will make the short 2.5 mile commute to Michelob ULTRA Arena at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino for two games this December when the rodeo returns to the Thomas & Mack Center for its annual run. The Runnin’ Rebels will play Seattle on Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 7 p.m., before welcoming defending America East Champion Hartford on Saturday, Dec. 11 at noon. Tickets for both games go on sale this Friday, Oct. 29 at 10 a.m.
“We appreciate partnering with bdG Sports and working with MGM Resorts to play these games at Mandalay Bay’s Michelob ULTRA Arena,” said UNLV head coach Kevin Kruger. “With the Thomas & Mack Center hosting the rodeo during that time, we are excited to have the opportunity to stay in Las Vegas to play in front of our Runnin’ Rebel fans on the Strip.”
The Runnin’ Rebels will play on The Strip four times this season with the first two games coming at the Roman Main Event on Nov. 19/21 at T-Mobile Arena. UNLV has won five straight games played on The Strip (T-Mobile Arena and MGM Grand Garden Arena previously) and boasts a 6-2 record in such games since its first in 2014.
Veteran Las Vegas promoter bdG Sports is managing the two games in partnership with UNLV and MGM Resorts International. bdG Sports also manages the Roman Main Event, where the Rebels play Michigan in the first round, and the Continental Tire Challenge, which features Duke vs. Gonzaga at a sold-out T-Mobile Arena in November.
“With all the excitement surrounding UNLV basketball this season and its new head coach, Kevin Kruger, fans now get two opportunities to see back-to-back games at the home of the Las Vegas Aces, Michelob ULTRA Arena at Mandalay Bay,” said Brooks Downing, CEO & President of bdG Sports. “We love our partnership with Erick Harper and Coach Kruger and look forward to promoting this tremendous opportunity for the Runnin’ Rebels to generate a unique, home-game atmosphere in one of the finest basketball venues in Las Vegas.”
Michelob ULTRA Arena, which seats 11,000 for basketball, was completely renovated prior to the Las Vegas Aces taking up its residency in 2018. Tickets for the two UNLV games go on public sale on Friday, Nov. 5 and range from $29 for lower bowl endzone seats to $199 courtside (prices are inclusive of tax and facility fee). Two-game tickets packages provide a discount for fans and range from $39 for endzone to $99 for sideline tickets good for both nights. Tickets can be purchased at www.axs.com with full information available at www.runninrebelsonthestrip.com.
RUNNIN’ REBELS ON THE STRIP HISTORY
- Dec. 20, 2014 lost to Utah 59-46 at MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Dec. 4, 2015 def. Oregon 80-69 at MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Dec. 10, 2016 lost to Duke 95-45 at T-Mobile Arena
- Nov. 20, 2017 def. Rice 95-68 in Roman Main Event at T-Mobile Arena
- Nov. 22, 2017 def. Utah 85-58 in Roman Main Event at T-Mobile Arena
- Dec. 5, 2017 def. Oral Roberts 92-66 at MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Dec. 9, 2017 def Illinois 89-82 at MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Dec. 15, 2018 def. BYU 92-90 at T-Mobile Arena
- Nov. 19, 2021 vs. Michigan in Roman Main Event at T-Mobile Arena
- Nov. 21, 2021 Championship/Consolation in Roman Main Event at T-Mobile Arena
- Dec. 8, 2021 vs. Seattle at Michelob ULTRA Arena
- Dec. 11, 2021 vs. Hartford at Michelob ULTRA Arena